Sunday 7 May 2017

Day 11: Umkhuze Game Reserve

We had a lovely drive to Nsumo Pan. There was a steady breeze and the animals and birds tend to take cover in these conditions. We saw some general game but mainly impala and starlings. I'm still blown away by how good the bush looks. 

Along the way we climbed up a viewing tower and had a spectacular view of the area.

The pan was amazing, blue water surrounded by huge fever trees. There are various hides and picnic sites that take you to the waters edge. We spent 2 hours birding and added numerous water birds to our holiday list. We also saw lots of hippo.


We have seen surprisingly few cars at the parks, I guess it's because most people are back at work after all the long weekends. 

I had been feeling really well for a few days, besides a nagging cough so I decided to stop my flu meds. Clearly not the best idea. By yesterday afternoon I was man down and had a long sleep. 

We again had the bush babies visit us last night, they are really cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment