WOW !!! Where do I start?
Thanks to PANDA, the hero of the trip; without his dream, vision and research, we would never have embarked on this amazing adventure. What started off as an item on his bucket list has turned into something so much bigger – Africa has sucked us all in – we can’t tick it off because we have to return, there is so much still to see and do.
Some of our statistics:
· We travelled over 19 000km by road
· Another 2 000km on water
· We travelled through 7 countries (some twice): South Africa (x2), Namibia, Zambia (x2), Malawi (x2), Tanzania and Zanzibar, Zimbabwe and Botswana.
· We made 11 border crossings
· We visited 12 parks
· Lifers in 4 antelope species and numerous bird species
· We visited numerous World heritage and historical and cultural sites.
Despite all the amazing experiences and places visited, what tops it all, were the people we met; the friendliness and generosity of spirit we encountered from the people of Africa surpasses everything.
I would also like to thank all our family and friends (in S.A. and abroad) who supported us – some would have loved to have joined us and some thought we were stark raving mad. It was amazing to get messages from you all along the way. Thank you to all those who followed our blog, most of you we know but stats have shown that people from all over the world have logged in. Thanks to all for following our adventure.
Would we do this again? Absolutely, but we would travel lighter next time (minus trailer and Gray’s beard) and take more time to smell the proteas.
Sandton to Serengeti was just a taster – Johannesburg to London here we come.