Friday 17 June 2011

Day 63 16/06/2011 – Pangani



So much for wanting to lie in this morning and relax, I was wide awake by 6-00am and went for a long walk down the beach and came back through the sisal plantation. The main reason for not coming back along the beach was that I would have to go past a small village which I did not want to repeat. The locals use the beach at low tide as the toilet and you have to be very careful of the landmines on the beach.

I spent the rest of the day cleaning the inside of the Landy and repacking it so that I would be able to fit all five of us in. The trailer also needed to be repacked. 

An early night as the boat transfer to Zanzibar was leaving at 7-00am. 

                                                        Small local village (beware of landmines on beach)

                                          Small fishing boats returning from a day out

No comments:

Post a Comment