Tuesday 14 June 2011

Day 59 12/06/2011 - Arusha


A very early start to the day, a 5-00am wake up and a half hour drive to the Kilimanjaro International Airport to get there in time for Mel’s 6-15 check in.  I think there were 5 people in the airport building including the security staff and the check in clerk, but because I was not a passenger I could not go past the check in area to the sitting area. I was not going to stand with Mel in a tiny area for an hour and decided rather to send her through whilst I went back to the hotel.

Whilst having breakfast, a group of South Africans arrived for the start of their Kilimanjaro climb. They looked like adverts for Cape Union Mart and had all new latest equipment and clothing. I hope they climbed as well as they looked!

I eventually weakened and decided to get the car and trailer washed. After 2 months’ mud, dust and grime, as well as the coating of diesel that both the car and the trailer had received when the fuel pipe developed a leak. It had got to the stage that you couldn’t touch or brush past the car without needing a shower. I employed the hotel gardeners, and between them and me managed to get everything looking respectable again.

The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing and being entertained by the Colobus monkeys playing in the hotel gardens.


No comments:

Post a Comment