Monday 5 June 2017

Day 39: Trennerys

Thoughts and prayers are with Adie, Julie and the Anema family. Adie’s brother passed away this morning. RIP Mark.

I am also thinking of my friends and colleagues at St Stithians, enjoy Founders Day.

To all those braving winter around SA, spare a thought for us, weather forecast for our area was 30 degrees, so we just had to go to the beach.


I went for a long walk along the shore line, stopping periodically to pick up shells. I have been collecting shells for years, from beaches all around South Africa, the Seychelles, Zanzibar and Mozambique.  They are kept in a giant vase, that is just over half full. I have a lot of shell collecting still to do. My favorites are cowries and pansy shells.

There is a great secluded bay, with gentle waves to wallow in. It reminds me of Christmas Bay at Sheffield and Grannies Pool at Ballito. My mom would have loved it here. It’s a pity the water is so cold.  Much cooler than at Umngazi, so my swims are more quick dips to cool off. Gray got as far as dipping in his big toe.

We had a visitor on the beach.  Chrissie Diesel, you wold have loved him. 


We also had some cute visitors around the hut. 

We had lunch around the pool and spent the afternoon reading.

I was a little disappointed that we had missed the Saturday seafood buffet at Umngazi but the Saturday seafood buffet here more than made up for it. What a treat; prawns, mussels, freshly caught stump nose, fresh local oysters (3 filled a dinner plate) and more. The dining room was packed, lots of locals come in for the evening, at R110 a head I would also be here every Saturday night. Pre-dinner Pimms, nice cold white wine with dinner, finished off with Irish coffees and Amarula. 


‘Don't wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect’.  Live life !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment